Assalam alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barkatuhu,
Dear MACE community members,
“O my son, indeed I have seen in a dream that I [must] sacrifice you, so see what you think.” He said, “O my father, do as you are commanded. You will find me, if Allah wills, of the steadfast.” [Surah As-Saaffaat: 102]
O Allah (SWT) make us of those who are righteous, patient and steadfast in the path of Imaan during these difficult times – Aameen.
By the grace of Allah(SWT) we have entered the blessed month of Dhul Hijjah. Inshallah MACE will celebrate Eid Al-Adha on Friday, 7/31/2020. We are glad to inform you that Inshallah MACE will be organizing two sessions of Eid Salat followed by Khutba in its parking lot. In order to accomodate for social distancing we will allow upto 70 cars for each session, with no two cars adjacent to one another in the marked and designated parking spots. The empty spot next to your car can be used by your family to pray salah as a group, following the Imam who will lead the prayers. Online registration for this event is mandatory. Here are the logistics for the Eid prayers.
1. There will be two sessions (Jamats) of Eid Salaths. First one at 8:30AM, followed by the second one at 10:00AM. These are the Salat times so please come ahead of time; once the Salat starts the parking lot will be closed until the beginning of the next session.
2. Register online using Eventbrite on the link bit.ly/MaceEID . A parking ticket with a QR code will be delivered to your email. This online registration is mandatory.
3. Bring a printed copy of your ticket or the QR code on your smartphone to be allowed into the MACE parking lot**.
4. Bring prayer rugs for yourself and your family and wear face masks.
5. When the call for prayer is made, pray in the parking spot next to your car with your family as a group. You will be guided by the volunteers in the parking lot.
6. After Salat al Eid, Khutba will be either online on Zoom or on a radio station that you can tune in from your car.
7. Maintain 6 feet separation from other groups in the parking lot at all times.
8. Come prepared with wudu as restrooms and kitchen are closed in MACE.
9. Decorate your car for Eid.
Let us have a safe and happy Eid Al-Adha. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Note**: If you are unable to register with Eventbrite using the link bit.ly/MaceEID send me your first and last name, time slot, and car make & model via email (firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>) and I will send you a copy of your registered ticket if the spot is available.