Dear MACE community members,
Assalam alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barkatuhu,
I am glad to inform you that the MACE administration has decided to reopen the mosque in incremental steps on a trial basis. As a start we will reopen the mosque for Fajr and Isha prayers daily from Thursday, 5/28/2020. Common areas, door handles, etc will be wiped and disinfected regularly for everyone’s safety. Restrooms and Kitchen will be closed, so come prepared with wudu as well as your own prayer rug and face mask. Please stay home if you are under quarantine, have slightly elevated temperature, cough, running nose, difficulty breathing or any other flu-like symptoms.
Additionally the mosque will also be opened for the first 50 congregants for Friday prayers on 5/29/2020, with the limit being strictly enforced by the cop at the door. The parking lot will be closed once the limit of 50 people is reached. The following rules will be posted at the entrance and strictly enforced by the Imam during Fajr and Isha and by a cop on Friday.
1. Follow social distancing norms and pray only on marked places maintaining 6 feet separation.
2. Bring your own prayer rug and wear a face mask at all times. You will not be allowed to enter without these.
3. Restrooms and Kitchen are closed, come prepared with wudu.
4. DO NOT ENTER if any of these is TRUE:
• Are you currently under Quarantine?
• Do you have any travel history within or outside of the USA in the last 2 weeks?
• Did you have any contact with COVID-19 patients within the last 2 weeks or visited any high-risk areas?
• Do you have elevated temperature, cough, sneezing, difficulty breathing, or any flu like symptoms?
• Are you immunocompromised or have any preexisting conditions.
5. Be prepared to have your temperature checked and interviewed. You may be asked to leave if you exhibit any symptoms or act agitated while on the premises.
6. Only the first 50 congregants will be allowed in the Mosque for prayers.
7. No women or children below the age of 16 are allowed during this initial phase.
While these steps may appear to be stringent, they are necessary to protect our community. Please don’t be disheartened if you are unable to join the congregation, In Sha Allah we will relax the conditions in a phased manner as the conditions improve. We hope you will understand and cooperate with us in this matter. May Allah accept all our prayers whether in congregation or in solitude – Aameen.