Assalam alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barkatuhu,
Dear MACE community members,
“Fasting is prescribed for a limited number of days. So whoever among you is ill or on a journey, then an equal number of days are to be made up. And upon those who are able to fast, but with hardship – can substitute fast by feeding a poor person for each day. And whoever volunteers excess – it is better for him. But to fast is best for you, if you only knew.” [Al-Baqarah 2:184]
Inshallah MACE will observe the first day of Ramadan on the 13th of April, 2021. Taraweeh will begin on the 12th of April with Isha at 10:00 PM; followed by 20 Rakaths of Taraweeh by Imam Hatem Ibn Awad. Let us continue to follow public health and government guidance for social distancing and wearing masks in public spaces to make this a safe Ramadan. Those who can, kindly take COVID-19 vaccine ASAP to make it a safe environment for yourself and those around you.
Alhamdulillah MACE has been open for daily prayers for the last 10+ months and Inshallah will continue to do so during the month of Ramadan. We are very thankful to our community who has supported us by following the safety guidelines within the MACE premises. We hope you will continue to follow these guidelines even more strictly, to make this a safe and blessed Ramadan for everyone in our community and beyond. I am attaching the Prayer Schedule and Guidelines for Ramadan with this email for your perusal.
Isha/Taraweeh Schedule starting from 12th of April
Isha: 10:00 PM
Taraweeh: Immediately after Isha
Imam: Hatem Ibn Awad
1. Follow social distancing norms and pray only on marked places maintaining 6 feet separation.
2. Please bring your own prayer rug and wear a facemask at all times.
3. DO NOT ENTER if any of these is TRUE:
• You were tested positive for COVID in the last 10 days.
• If you have COVID or flu-like symptoms such as elevated temperature, cough, sneezing, difficulty
• Did you have any contact with COVID-19 patient within the last 2 weeks or visited any high-risk
• Are you currently under Quarantine?
• Do you have any travel history within or outside of the USA in the last 2 weeks?
• Are you immunocompromised or have any preexisting conditions.
4. Be prepared to have your temperature checked and interviewed. You may be asked to leave if you
exhibit any symptoms or act agitated while on the premises.
5. PLEASE DO NOT BRING CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 16 YEARS TO FRIDAY OR OTHER PRAYERS
6. No group iftars and gatherings are permitted within MACE building
As members of the community, it is incumbent upon each one of us to support and maintain our masjid. So kindly continue to support MACE with your donations.
MACE web link for donation: www.https://maceohio.com/donate
MACE Address for checks: 26901 Chardon Road,
OH – 44143
Have a safe and blessed Ramadan.